May 5, 2012

Caldecott Challenge 1938 to Present


Laura of LibLaura5 and Anna Z of A to Z Library are hosting the Caldecott Challenge. The full details are here.

In a nutshell, I will be reading through all of the Caldecott Medal Winners and Honor Books by year, starting from 1938. I will be blogging about my progress here as well as tweeting using hashtag  #nerdcott.

This is a STRESS FREE challenge and there is no set deadline and I am quite happy about that. I plan on reading them in order and I know that some of the older titles may be harder to find. At this time, I have not decided how I will tackle the posts for this challenge. I may do video reviews for each individual book. I may do a single post for all the books for each year or even each decade. 

I guess I will decide once I read the first set of books. Here is a list of all the books.

Are any of you participating in the challenge? Be sure to let me know and link your blog in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Antonisha! What a beautiful name! I've just read your blog and enjoined your enthusiasm for the written word. I don't think there's a greater gift for children than a parent who reads & reads aloud to them. Both are needed to instill a love of books. During my first year of teaching grade 7, i read to the students for 20 minutes each day after being inspired by the book, Honey For a Child's Heart by Gladys Hunt. Keep up the great parenting & continue to blog!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember that this is a family friendly blog.